Email marketing was never dead (Will it ever?). In fact, in the case of B2B marketing, email is still the most popular lead generation channel of all time. With that being said, there is always a tight race among B2B email marketers and in the constant sum game of email campaigns, some are going to be in bane for losing while others will enjoy the momentary boon of winning.
But what makes a mean B2B email marketer?
The answer is indefinite and subjective. Moreover, there are other factors that contribute to a successful email marketing; active contact list management, significant content curation, timing, and frequency, etc. Nonetheless, let’s look at this 7 powerful character attributes that likely makes a professional B2B email marketer, attaining an efficient email marketing.
- Organized. The ability to lay out things in their appropriate place and sequence is vital in operating B2B email campaigns. Organization and planning skills is a must especially that tasks such as maintenance of contact list segmentation, content mapping, message prioritization, schedules of activities, etc. confront email marketers on a daily basis.
- Rigorous. Having a sharp eye for details transforms common email marketers into experts. Each facet of an email campaign – contacts list management, content development, email scheme, testing/assessment, and so forth – needs a level of painstaking quality and consideration from planning to implementation.
- Creative. Creativity in B2B email marketing does not only mean coming up with unique and interesting email content but also the capacity to provide innovative solutions to campaign hitches or your prospect’s business. What better way to hook your B2B prospects but by telling them what’s in it for them?
- Cordial. Leads are not the only one that should be warm. The aptitude to extend the human touch in bulk email communication is another power that skillful B2B email marketers harness. The art of email personalization is a decisive element that sets up a connection with your B2B prospects straight from your contact list. Correspondingly, sparking that connection can be difficult (even impossible) without interpersonal and synergistic skills.
- Time-sensitive. B2B email marketers who have a forte for timing, frequency and consistency in sending emails are promising to generate above-average results.
- Logical. Email campaigns are constantly inundated with measurements and metrics. Comprehension of these data is an essential ingredient for coming up with the most relevant decisions. Respectively, professional B2B email marketers are excellent in drawing out sound judgment by following a logical thought process with facts and figures as the basis.
- Goal-oriented. Outstanding B2B email campaign managers have a nearly common propensity to be driven by goals and moving in the direction of attaining results. They have a good command on measuring and pulling off accomplishments in their overall projects and also each campaign facets to boot.
You’re on the right path if you have these seven words associated with your character. Otherwise, keep on working at it. After all, email marketing is a continuous learning process. Every day is an opportunity of growth and development.